Job Title: IT Services Coordinator
Department: Service and Support
Reports to: Service Manager
This role monitors inbound service requests, coordinates our support department, and organizes schedules for our iCare™ Managed Services Team.
If you can manage multiple things going on at once while keeping a calm and patient demeanor, this could be the job for you.
Excellent decision making skills are critical in this fast-paced, demanding role. You should like using the latest technology, be extremely detail oriented, have excellent verbal communication skills and a passion for serving others. Reliability and self-confidence are a must.
Previous Customer Service work and a 4 year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience are required for coordinating team workloads. Information Technology is the fastest changing industry in the world so good computer skills are helpful and a life-long learning mentality is essential to be able to adapt & keep up with today’s innovative changes in business technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the single point of contact to the customer for all types of service requests
- Coordination of all IT support groups to ensure maximum utilization of billable resources
- Pre-process service requests as they arrive through email, manual entry, or direct customer input
- Schedule internal and field technical resources on the dispatch portal
- Monitor resource schedules to ensure prompt time entry on service requests
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of customer requests
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Improve usage and increase productivity of IT support resources
- Escalate service requests that cannot be scheduled within agreed service levels
- Report the utilization of IT Support resources and successful completion of service requests to the Service Desk Manager
- Responsible for entering time and expenses as they occur
- Understand processes by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on our training platform
- Enter all work as service tickets into the computer system
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic computer and operating system knowledge
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
The I.T. Workshop is not currently hiring at this time. If you are interested in future opportunities regarding this position, please fill out the online application and submit. We review all applications with the intent to contact qualified applicants when positions become available.