Job Title: Network Engineer
Department: Service and Support
Reports to: Service Desk Manager
We are an exciting and growing technology solution provider looking for a dynamic team player; an Engineer who enjoys working with a team of professionals, using the best technology available. Also, this position is client facing; you will be speaking to clients as well as working with our Engineering team.
The Network Engineer is responsible for managing and maintaining our end client’s networks. This position will be working with servers, routers, switches, and firewalls in addition to desktop support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Network Engineer position is a key contributor in the success of managing our client’s networks. This is achieved by quickly resolving incidents that our clients open tickets for and by constantly monitoring the alerts generated by our tools to resolve incidents before our clients are aware.
- Design and implementation at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Design and implement hosted and cloud solutions for customers using technologies that meet their requirements
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions
- IT support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Support services for virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft
- Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for entering time and expenses as they occur
- Understand processes by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the training platform
- Work through project tickets and phases in computer system as assigned by a Project Manager
- Enter all work as service or project tickets into the computer system
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP, or Juniper JNCIS
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously
- Excellent listening and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated to develop professionally
- Ability to provide and maintain detailed documentation on each job
- Strong computer skills and the ability to effectively communicate through e-mail
- Excellent diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Must be comfortable and have Intermediate knowledge in routers, switches, firewalls, and other networking devices
- General knowledge in managing Microsoft Server Operating Systems and Networks
- Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Workstation Operating Systems and Applications
- Ability to remain in contact with the client thru the completion of the incident
- A+ Certification is preferred.
- NET+ Certification is preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) is preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in computer network management is required
- Experience in managing end client networks is preferred.
- Cisco Certification is a plus
- Juniper Certification is a plus
- VoIP Telephony experience is a plus