Job Title: Service Desk Dispatcher
Department: Service and Support
Reports to: Service Manager
This role monitors inbound service requests, coordinates dispatch for our support department, and organizes schedules for our iCare™ Managed Services Team.
If you can manage multiple things going on at once while keeping a calm and patient demeanor, this could be the job for you.
Excellent decision making skills are critical in this fast-paced, demanding role. You should like using the latest technology, be extremely detail oriented, have excellent verbal communication skills and a passion for serving others. Reliability and self-confidence are a must.
Previous Customer Service work and a 4 year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience are required for coordinating team workloads. Information Technology is the fastest changing industry in the world so good computer skills are helpful and a life-long learning mentality is essential to be able to adapt & keep up with today’s innovative changes in business technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the single point of contact to the customer for all types of service requests
- Coordination of all IT support groups to ensure maximum utilization of billable resources
- Pre-process service requests as they arrive through email, manual entry, or direct customer input
- Schedule internal and field technical resources on the dispatch portal
- Monitor resource schedules to ensure prompt time entry on service requests
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of customer requests
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Improve usage and increase productivity of IT support resources
- Escalate service requests that cannot be scheduled within agreed service levels
- Report the utilization of IT Support resources and successful completion of service requests to the Service Desk Manager
- Responsible for entering time and expenses as they occur
- Understand processes by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on our training platform
- Enter all work as service tickets into the computer system
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic computer and operating system knowledge
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment